10 PhD positions at the Munich Center of the Learning Sciences
The Munich Center of the Learning Sciences (MCLS) invites applications for 10 PhD positions (equaling 2/3 of a full academic position, amounting to approximately 29.000 – 34.000 €/year, initial duration of 24 months with the possibility of extending for one year) within the International Doctoral School “Scientific Reasoning and Argumentation” (REASON) funded by the Elite Network of Bavaria (ENB) to commence in October 2019.
Application procedure at a glance
Complete applications must be submitted via the online application tool
A complete application consists of:
- Curriculum Vitae (with up-to-date information)
- Letter of motivation consisting of description of prior experience and knowledge related to reasoning and argumentation and empirical research in the Learning Sciences, and clear ranking of three research areas in terms of relevance to the future PhD project.
- A maximum 500-word proposal of the envisioned research project related to the research area prioritized as first option in the motivation letter.
- Notarized copies of the master’s diploma and the transcript of records
- MCLS Recommendation Letter issued by an MCLS (REASON) member
- One reference letter (e.g. issued by a previous professor)
- Proof of English proficiency (B2 level based on CEFR) in the form of an acknowledged language test certificate for non-native English language speakers
There are two submission deadlines to consider:
- April 1st 2019: if you have not found a potential MCLS (REASON) supervisor and would like to participate in the pre-screening phase
- April 15th 2019: if you have already found a potential MCLS (REASON) supervisor
International applicants (non-German citizenship/no prior German degree) must go through an additional procedure.
|Application Deadline with MCLS (REASON) recommendation letter||April 15th 2019 (23:59 UTC+1)|
|Application Deadline without MCLS (REASON) recommendation letter||April 01, 2019 (23:59 UTC+1)|
|Second Application Round: Interviews||May 2019|
|Program Start||October 1, 2019|