Monday: 14:00 - 18:00 by appointment (via email)
Tuesday: 17:00 - 18:00 (drop-in)
- Honours Bachelor of Science (UofT)
- Master’s of Psychology: Learning Sciences (LMU)
I started my Bachelor's studies in 2007 at the University of Toronto (UoT), in my hometown in Canada. After a brief stint pursuing the areas of physics and philosophy (resulting in math and philosophy minors), I switched into a cognitive psychology focus where the majority of my experimental lab experience, working alongside Dr. Rebecca Todd and Dr. Assaf Kron, centered on the interplay between emotion and cognition. Continuing my studies at the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitaet (LMU) in 2013, under the supervision of Dr. Prof. Moritz Heene within the Learning Sciences program, I completed a Master's degree in the area of quantitative methods, with a focal interest surrounding the issues of publication bias and the replicability crisis within psychology. After returning to Canada, in 2015, for one year of doctoral work under Dr. Kalina Christoff at the University of British Columbia (UBC) - whose work sought to pinpoint the neural correlates of mind-wandering and spontaneous thought - I found myself in deep withdrawal from the world of statistics, and returned in 2016 to Munich to continue my PhD studies in the LMU REASON program. Beyond a fondness for statistical simulation studies, I have vested interest in painting and guitar, and am a self-professed Trekkie.
- Herrera-Bennett, A. C.*, Ong, C. W., & Heene, M. (Feb 18th – 20th, 2019). Exploring indices of repeated k-fold crossvalidation as predictors of study replicability. Poster presentation at the REASON Winter School 2019 (international conference), TUM School of Education, Munich, Germany.
- Herrera-Bennett, A. C.*, Lakens, D., Heene, M., & Ufer, S. (2018, March). Improving statistical inferences: Rates of p-value, confidence interval (CI), & Bayes factor (BF) misconceptions among learners. Poster presentation (*best poster award) at the REASON Spring School 2018 (REASON 2018), Munich, Germany.
- Herrera-Bennett, A. C.*, Lakens, D., Heene, M., & Ufer, S. (2018, March). Active open online learning: A practical approach to improving statistical literacy among learners. Poster presentation at the Learning through Inquiry in Higher Education: Current Research and Future Challenges (INHERE 2018), Munich, Germany.
- Husagić, L.*, Herrera-Bennett, A. C. (2018, March). Emotion-evoked central-peripheral trade-off effects: Sensory gating and recall. Poster presentation at the 60th Conference of Experimental Psychologists (TeaP 2018), Marburg, Germany.
- Hasenbein, L. C.*, Herrera-Bennett, A. C. (2018, March). Emotion-induced memory modulation: Bimodal integration and effects of inhibitory control. Poster presentation at the 60th Conference of Experimental Psychologists (TeaP 2018), Marburg, Germany.
- Herrera-Bennett, A. C.*, Heene, M., & Lakens, D. (2018, March). P-distribution: Optimizing the inferential value of p-values via resampling techniques. Poster presentation at the 60th Conference of Experimental Psychologists (TeaP 2018), Marburg, Germany.
- Herrera-Bennett, S. (2017, March). Publication bias in meta-analysis (individual talk; paper presentation). 59th Conference of Experimental Psychologists (TeaP 2017), Dresden, Germany.